- Training Categories: You can control who has access to the Courses, Curricula or Events in a Category by adding specific permissions in your Categories or Sub Categories.
- Groups Categories: You can control who has access to the Groups in a Category by adding specific permissions in your Groups Categories or Sub Categories.
- Decentralized Categories Permissions: Admins can give permissions to Heads of Above Units to create 1. Training Categories (Courses, Curricula, Events), 2. Library Categories, 3. Group Categories. Now every Above Unit can have its own Content Categories and Sub Categories. Once given permission, a new category will be create with the title of the Above Unit and only the Head of the Above Unit will be able to see it and edit it giving permissions to the rest in the Above Unit or the Units connected to the Above Unit.
Important Tips to Remember:
- Head of Above Units should add content in their Above Unit's Training Categories if they want to have it public for their employees. If they add Training content (Course, Curricula, Event) or Group without selecting a category then it will be marked as private and will not be allowed to convert to public until it is inserted in an Above Unit's Category.
- A Category now presents the contents of all its Sub Categories (Works for Course, Curricula, Event and Group Categories. Not applicable to Library Categories).
- If you delete a Category, all content included will be listed in the "Without Category" or "All Content" section under Categories.
- If you delete a Sub Category, all content included will be listed in the Parent Category.
- Standalone Events cannot be connected to the Organizational Structure anymore as they follow the Events Categories' Permissions. Only Course or Curricula Events are allowed to be connected to the Organizational Structure. Existing Standalone Events that were connected to the Organizational Structure are no longer connected.
- Events in Courses or Curricula will receive the category of the Course or the Curricula.
- Regular Employees are not allowed anymore to create events. This option is now removed from the Academy's Advanced Settings.